77 Podcast ideas and tips that will make you a star.
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? If so, you’re in luck! There are endless podcast ideas out there that will help you get started. But in this blog post, we will share 77 of the podcast ideas to help you in becoming a star. Whether you’re interested in the best podcast ideas, creative podcast ideas, funny podcast ideas, one-person podcast ideas, Podcast ideas for beginners, Podcast ideas to talk about, or Short podcast ideas there is a podcast idea for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Let’s go.
Best podcast ideas
When it comes to starting a podcast, the best ideas are often the simplest. That’s why some of the most popular podcasts are focused on a single topic, such as sports, business, or politics. But if you’re looking for something a little different, there are plenty of other great ideas out there. These are just a few of the best podcast ideas:
- A podcast about what it’s like to be an Airbnb host.
- A podcast about the inception of urban mythologies
- A podcast about being a new mother
- A podcast about interviews with teachers in underfunded school districts
- A podcast interviewing people who have made the news for having unique hobbies
- A podcast interviewing people who have had extreme luck on a lottery ticket. Interviewed for a romantic life, work-life, etc. How has their life changed?
- A podcast going through random things that start with each letter of the alphabet.
- How to write a book
- How to learn a new language.
- How to tell if someone is lying to you.
- A podcast about history: This could be focused on a particular period or event, or on general history topics.
- A podcast about books: This could be a book club-style podcast where you discuss a new book each week, or it could be focused on interviews with authors.
- How to negotiate successfully.
- How successful people see life.
- A podcast about music: This could be a music criticism show or a show that features interviews with musicians.
- A podcast about food: This could be a cooking show or a show that explores different cuisines from around the world.
No matter what your interests are, there’s sure to be a great podcast idea out there for you. So get creative and start planning your show today!
There are a lot of great podcast ideas out there, but some are better than others. These are a few tips to help you come up with your best podcast ideas of your own:
- First, consider your audience. Who are you trying to reach with your podcast? Knowing your target audience will help you choose a topic that resonates with them.
- Next, choose a format that will best serve your audience and your content. Do you want to interview guests? host discussion panels? or keep it simple with a monologue?
- Finally, don’t be afraid to be unique. There are thousands of podcasts out there, so make yours stand out by finding a niche topic or angle that no one else is covering. With these tips in mind, you’re sure to come up with a best-in-class podcast idea that will engage and delight your listeners.
Creative podcast ideas
Here are some creative podcast ideas to help you get started:
- Interviews with experts in your field of work or business.
- Interviews with people from different walks of life, who have done amazing things.
- Easy ways to make your home more eco-friendly.
- Interviews with people who are experts at something interesting, like a rocket scientist or an animal whisperer, for example.
- How to create a beautiful wedding on a budget.
- How to decorate your home for the holidays for cheap.
- Creative ways to spend more time with family.
- Philosophize about everything: the meaning of life, current affairs, and other burning questions.
- Interviews with people who have a really interesting story to tell about their life, like an entrepreneur who went bankrupt and then made it big again or a woman who escaped war-torn Syria and became a successful fashion designer in New York City.
- You could interview someone who has been doing the same job for over 50 years (or more) and find out what they’ve learned throughout those years that might be helpful to other people in your industry/field/profession/industry/etc.
- You could interview someone who has changed careers completely and found success in another field (e.g., a former lawyer turned cheesemaker).
- You could interview someone who has created their own successful business from scratch (e.g., someone who started off working for themselves as a freelance writer and then built up enough money so that they could quit their job.
A creative podcast can be a great way to entertain and engage your audience. However, coming up with fresh ideas for each episode can be a challenge. Here are a few creative podcast tips to help you get started:
- Collaborate with other podcasters. Guests can add new perspectives and help to mix things up.
- Use creative storytelling techniques. A well-told story can captivate an audience and make for a memorable episode.
- Experiment with different formats. Trying something new can keep both you and your listeners engaged.
- Be authentic. Share your thoughts and feelings on the topics you’re discussing. This will help your audience connect with you on a personal level.
- Keep it real. Don’t be afraid to tackle difficult topics or share controversial opinions. This will help to foster an open dialogue and encourage thoughtful discussion.
By following these tips, you can create a creative and engaging podcast that will keep your audience coming back for more.
Funny podcast ideas
Looking for funny podcast ideas? You’ve come to the right place! Consider these funny podcast ideas that will have your listeners laughing out loud:
- Prank call shows: these are always good for a laugh! Have someone call up businesses or public figures and pretend to be someone else. The reactions can be hilarious.
- Vent shows: on these shows, people call in to vent about their day-to-day frustrations. The funny thing is, that everyone can relate to these problems, so it’s cathartic for the listener as well as funny.
- Game shows: these are always a hit! You can either make up your own games or play some classic ones like ‘Would You Rather or ‘Truth or Dare’. Be sure to add a funny twist to them to make them even more entertaining.
- Comedy Roasts: on these shows, comedians roast each other (or celebrities) in good fun. It’s all in good fun and can be hilarious to listen to.
- Improv shows: on these shows, everything is made up on the spot – from the topics of discussion to the jokes told.
Starting a podcast is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world. But what if you want to make your existing podcast funny? These are a few fun tips to get you started:
- Have a “Guess That Sound” segment, where listeners have to guess what random sounds are.
- Ask funny questions that people can’t Google the answer to.
- Share funny stories from your life or the lives of people you know.
- Make up funny characters and have them interact in various scenarios.
- Do funny impressions of people or celebrities.
These are just a few funny podcast ideas to get you started. Be creative, and have fun!
One person podcast ideas
Podcasting is a great way to share your voice and reach a large audience. But what if you’re the only one involved in your podcast? Never fear! There are plenty of one-person podcast ideas out there. Here are a few of the best ones:
- Share your story. Whether it’s your personal journey or the story of your business, sharing your unique story is a great way to engage listeners.
- Be the expert. If you have expertise in a particular area, share it with the world! Teach listeners about your subject matter and help them expand their knowledge.
- Get personal. If you’re comfortable sharing intimate details of your life, consider doing a “lifestyle” podcast where you discuss everything from your day-to-day routine to your deepest thoughts and feelings.
- Whatever direction you choose to go in, remember that the most important thing is to be authentic and true to yourself. Listeners will appreciate your honesty and may even feel like they’ve made a new friend by the end of each episode!
These are some more Solo podcast ideas for the solo podcaster if you are thinking of going solo:
- What’s your story?
- Tell me about your day.
- What are you reading?
- What’s on your mind?
- How do you start your day?
- What’s in your purse/bag/backpack?
- How do you deal with stress?
- What are you afraid of?
Podcast ideas for beginners
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, you may be wondering what kind of topics to cover. After all, there are already a lot of podcasts out there, so you’ll need to find a way to stand out from the crowd. Fortunately, there are plenty of podcast topics for beginners that are both popular and engaging. Consider these top 10 ideas for your own podcast if you are just starting out:
- Interviews with experts in their fields
- Interviews with other podcasters (or anyone else who’s interesting)
- Recaps of recent news stories
- Advice on a specific topic (e.g., “How to write a book”)
- Book reviews and recommendations
- Your own personal stories and life hacks
- Conversations with friends — or even strangers!
- A collection of short stories or jokes from listeners or contributors (if you want to go in this direction)
- A series of meditations or guided imagery sessions
- Tips for living a healthier lifestyle (e.g., eating well, exercising regularly, managing stress)
There’s no shortage of podcasting advice out there for beginners. But with so many options available, it can be tough to decide where to start. Three tips that are perfect for beginners:
- Start with a niche podcast. Niche podcasts are focused on a specific topic or interest, which can make them easier to produce and market. If you’re not sure what to podcast about, try brainstorming ideas that would appeal to a specific group of people.
- Keep it short and sweet. Many successful podcasts are under 30 minutes, so you don’t need to worry about producing long-form content from the get-go. In fact, shorter episodes can be easier to produce and maybe more appealing to listeners who have busy schedules.
- Include interviews. Interviews are a great way to add variety to your podcast and get insights from experts on your chosen topic. If you’re not sure how to conduct an interview, there are plenty of resources available online (including this one!).
Podcast ideas to talk about
Want to start your own podcast? Here are some ideas for topics you can talk about.
- Podcasts that inspire you.
- Your favorite podcast episodes.
- Podcasts that inspire your hobbies or careers.
- Podcasts inspire you to be better at work and in life.
- Your favorite tools, gadgets, and resources for creativity, productivity, and success in business and life (or whatever else you’re passionate about).
- The story of how you started your business
- The story behind the company name
- How you built your product
- The story behind the first sale
- The story behind the first customer service issue
- A review of an industry conference or event (for example, SXSW)
- How to get free publicity for your business (for example, PR tips from Mashable)
- A profile on an influential person in your industry (for example, a CEO or investor)
- Give “life hacks” and quick tips to solve daily problems.
Short podcast ideas
Were you looking for short, punchy podcast ideas? These are some for you to consider:
- A fun fact related to your topic area (e.g., “Did You Know?” facts).
- A quick tip about something you’re good at.
- A podcast from your perspective on a hot topic in the news.
- Podcasts about fitness routines
- Short episodes on popular topics (e.g., sports, politics)
- A short interview with someone who has achieved some kind of success in their industry. This can be done in a casual, conversational style with questions about what it took to get where they are today, and how they’ve managed to stay motivated along the way.
- Short stories – This is a great way to tell stories about your business, your brand, or even just share an interesting story from your life.
- The tip jar podcast is simple — you ask listeners to send in their tips and then read them on the show. If you’re feeling ambitious, you could even interview your listeners about what they do for a living and how they make money from it. This type of podcast-only takes about 10 minutes per episode, but it can be fascinating to hear what people have done to build their businesses and make money online.
Coming up with a podcast topic is the first step, but there’s so much more to think about after that. To have an effective podcast, you need to plan ahead and be consistent while staying true to your voice and passion for the topic you are covering in each episode of your show.